Sixth Form admissions and application process
Admission to the sixth form is primarily about ensuring that each student can join the right courses which will have the highest chance of success and enjoyment.
2017 Sixth Form late applicants
Please complete the Sixth Form application form. We will then contact you to let you know if we have any spaces in your chosen options.
How to join us - for any queries, please contact our admissions team on 01737 214071.
- Complete an application form (see below) by Thursday 1 December 2016 including your choice of subjects, in order of preference, that you wish to study. This is not binding - just the basis for discussion and advice. After analysing your options we will inform you which combinations are available. This will be based on the subject choices of all students who apply to us by Thursday 1 December 2016. This may mean that at the guidance meeting we may ask you to consider some changes (although we will try to avoid this). Once a scheme is set up (entirely on the basis of the choices submitted) you can go on changing your mind until mid September provided the combination of subjects fits, the classes have room for you and you meet the entry requirements.
- Attend a guidance meeting with a senior member of staff to discuss your planned courses in the light of your likely performance at GCSE and your career aspirations. After this we will send you confirmation of your provisional choices subject to your GCSE results.
- Attend our induction day on Monday 3 July 2017 to find out more about your courses and sixth form life.
- Once you have received your GCSE results, you will attend enrolment and confirm your final course choices on 29 August 2017.
- Start the term and your sixth form career on Wednesday 6 September 2017.
If you need any help or advice, please contact our Sixth Form admissions team on 01737 214071 or contact our admissions team via our Contact the school page.
Before applying, please refer to our Sixth Form admissions policy below.
The Open Evening will take place on Thursday 12 October 2017 (7.30-9.00 pm). The Sixth Form prospectus will be available from that date.
|Sixth Form Admissions||Date|
|Year 12 option blocks 2017/18||21st Apr 2017||Download|
|Sixth form subjects on offer for entry 2017||11th Oct 2016||Download|
|Sixth form application form for 2018 entry||16th Mar 2017||Download|
|Sixth form admissions policy for 2018 entry||16th Mar 2017||Download|
|Entry 2017 sixth form application form||11th Oct 2016||Download|
|Entry 2017 sixth form admissions policy||11th Oct 2016||Download|
Previous admission documents for reference only
Entry for 2016 admissions policy (for reference only)