Inclusion and SEND
Inclusion and Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) at St Bede’s aims to identify and overcome potential barriers to learning and to meet the needs of all SEND students within and beyond the school setting. The department encompasses SEN (Special Educational Needs), EAL (English as an Additional Language), External Provision and support for pupils with medical needs.
For any enquiries on Learning Support, please email our SEND team (choosing 'Learning Support' from the drop down).
The SEND team helps students who have difficulties with cognition and learning, those with communication difficulties, social, emotional and behaviour difficulties and those with sensory and medical difficulties. Students with English as an additional language (EAL) also fall into this group.
Our SEND provision takes into account the full scope of student support, first and foremost this is the delivery of high quality, whole class teaching, guided and group work and individual interventions.
SEND students are supported in a range of different ways, which are outlined in our Inclusion and SEND policy and include the following:
- In-class support for Statemented/EHCP students provided by a dedicated team of Learning Support Assistants.
- A dedicated learning space and access to a number of small teaching rooms for withdrawal groups, some with computers.
- Specialist lessons aimed at supporting learners with literacy, numeracy and social skills needs.
- Support for pupils to access their examinations.
- Access to external agencies to support students in a one to one environment.