Inclusion and SEND
Inclusion and Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) at St Bede’s aims to identify and overcome potential barriers to learning and to meet the needs of all SEND students within and beyond the school setting.
The SEND team helps students who have difficulties with cognition and learning, those with communication difficulties, social, emotional and behaviour difficulties and those with sensory and medical difficulties.
Our SEND provision takes into account the full scope of student support, first and foremost this is the delivery of high quality, whole class teaching, guided and group work and individual interventions.
SEND students are supported in a range of different ways, which are outlined in our SEND policy below and include the following:
- In-class support for EHCP students provided by a dedicated team of Learning Support Assistants.
- A dedicated learning space for withdrawal groups.
- Specialist interventions aimed at supporting learners with literacy, numeracy and social skills needs.
- Support for pupils to access their examinations.
- Access to external agencies to support students in a one to one environment.