Sixth Form admissions and application process
Admission to the sixth form is primarily about ensuring that each student can join the right courses which will have the highest chance of success and enjoyment. We welcome students from all schools, from faith or non faith backgrounds to be a part of our strong community.
Launch of 2021 application process on 15 October
Our 'Introduction to the Sixth Form' presentation is now available
also hear from current and ex students
2020 Sixth Form applicants - we are no longer accepting applications for the sixth form for this academic year.
2021 Sixth Form applicants – How to join:
- St Bede’s students - Complete the ‘SIMS Options online’ application form (the link will be emailed to you following the launch on 15 October 2020).
- External students - Download and complete this application form with your choice of subjects, in order of preference, that you wish to study. This is not binding – just the basis for discussion and advice. After analysing your options we will inform you which combinations are available. This will be based on the subject choices of all students who apply to us by Tuesday 1 December 2020. This may mean that at the guidance meeting we may ask you to consider some changes (although we will try to avoid this). Once a scheme is set up (entirely on the basis of the choices submitted) you can go on changing your mind until mid September providing the combination of subjects fit, the classes have room for you and you meet the entry requirements.
- The deadline for submitting an application is Tuesday 1 December 2020. Applications received after this date will be considered if we have space on courses and can match your choices.
- You will be invited to attend a guidance meeting on either Thursday 25 or Friday 26 February 2021 with a senior member of staff to discuss your planned courses in the light of your likely performance at GCSE and your career aspirations. After this we will send you confirmation of your provisional choices subject to your GCSE results.
- Attend our induction day on Monday 28 June 2021 to find out more about your courses and sixth form life.
- Once you have received your GCSE results, you will attend an enrolment day and confirm your final course choices on Tuesday 31 August 2021 based on those results.
- Start the term and your sixth form career in September 2021.
If you need any help or advice, please contact our sixth form admissions team on 01737 214071 or via email email@example.com.
|Sixth Form Admissions||Date|
|Sixth form admissions policy 2021 22||16th Mar 2020||Download|
|Sixth form bursary fund application form 16-19 yrs||24th Jun 2020||Download|
|Sixth form bursary information leaflet - updated July 2019||1st Oct 2020||Download|
|Summary of subjects for 2021||6th Oct 2020||Download|
|Sixth form application form External students 2021 22||6th Oct 2020||Download|
Sixth Form Admissions 2020 for reference only