Google Services Notification
At St Bede’s School, we use G Suite for Education for students and teachers which is a set of education productivity tools from Google including Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Classroom and more, used by tens of millions of students and teachers around the world. Students will use their G Suite accounts to complete assignments, communicate with their teachers, sign into their Chromebooks, and learn 21st century digital citizenship skills.
What are the benefits of Google Apps?
- Anytime, anywhere access - G Suite apps work in any browser on any computer; this means you can access your email, calendars, and documents from school or at home.
- No USB/flash drives required with documents and files stored on Google Drive.
- Students can develop an e-portfolio of work throughout their years at the school.
- No licence cost - additional software is not required - only a browser (Chrome recommended)
- Google Classroom app allows teachers to assign documents and share resources easily and for students to submit work online when appropriate.
Meantime, if you have questions about our use of Google’s G Suite for Education accounts please contact the school IT Coordinator (via the Contacts page - select Web Administrator).
If you want to learn more about how Google collects, uses, and discloses personal information to provide services to us, please review the G Suite for Education Privacy Center (at https://www.google.com/edu/trust/), and the G Suite for Education Privacy Notice (at https://gsuite.google.com/terms/education_privacy.html).
The Core G Suite for Education services are provided to St Bede’s under Google’s Apps for Education agreement (at https://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/terms/education_terms.html) and the Data Processing Amendment (at https://www.google.com/intl/en/work/apps/terms/dpa_terms.html)].