11.30am 30/03/20 School update
As we enter the second week of the national lockdown, we want to keep you informed about what is happening at St Bede's.
- A small group of students are coming into school each weekday. If you are a parent/carer whose work is essential, please let us know in advance if your child will be attending by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The vast majority of students are accessing the work set by teachers online. We are well aware that working in this way is putting pressure on families where IT facilities are shared and some programs, such as Google Classrooms and Hegarty Maths, are hard to access at busy times. Please feel free to complete work at times other than the normal timetabled lesson if this helps. We have asked teachers to avoid creating work that requires printing where possible.
- Staff will try to make lessons as interesting as possible but please be aware that not all teachers have access to facilities to create videos, etc.
- Some children have found the volume of work that is being set quite challenging. It is not easy for teachers to create online lessons that are suitable for students of every ability and we would ask students to complete as much as possible.
- We encourage every child to continue to take regular exercise during the period when school is shut.
- Mrs Tottey and Mr Saunders have communicated separately with parents of those in Years 11 and 13 and we hope to update you with more information about how GCSE and A level grades will be awarded this year when we receive it from exam boards.
We are grateful to all our parents/carers who are having to act as teachers during this difficult time.
S Crabtree/A Powell
Headteacher/Head of School
St Bede’s School