We are planning to hold an open evening on
Thursday 7 July
(Headteacher talks at 5.45pm, 7.00pm and 8.15pm - no appointments necessary)
Please read our admissions policy at the bottom of this page for 'Admissions 2023-24 documents'.
We have compiled a list of admissions frequently asked questions below that may help you with the admissions process. Please do read through them prior to contacting the school, however, if you have a query that is not answered there, please do let us know.
The catchment area map can be found in the Key Documents - Admissions 2022-23 documents folder below. For information on transport, please click on the link below. https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools/transport/under-16
Year 7 - entry 2022-23
Year 7 - entry 2022-2023
The application process ended on 31 October 2021, late applicants should follow the same process as below.
If you are seeking a place at St Bede's, please read the Admissions policy 2022-23 as well as the following:
1) Apply to Surrey County Council for a place
- To find out all the information you need go to the Surrey County Council website www.surreycc.gov.uk/admissions. This website lists all the county council secondary schools in Surrey together with an electronic copy of the secondary schools admissions booklet. This site allows you to express your choice of schools and to apply for a place online. Online is Surrey’s preferred method of application.
- If you prefer to apply on paper please call 0300 200 1015 for an application form.
2) Provide St Bede's with information
- You must complete St Bede’s ‘Supplementary Information for Admissions form 2022' as well if you wish to apply for a place under criteria A, B, or C (iii, iv) and return it directly to us (not to Surrey or the primary school) as soon as possible. We cannot set a priority for your application without this form and it is unlikely that you would be offered a place unless we have received it. The original form must be sent to us. We will not accept emails and this form cannot be completed online.
- If you are applying for a foundation place or as a member of a non-Christian faith community, please make sure that the person you have named as your referee is expecting to receive our request. We will contact clergy/faith leaders for references.
If you need any help or advice, please contact our admissions team on 01737 214071 or email the admissions team (choose 'Admissions' from the drop down).
Admissions appeals - September 2022 entry
Please note that some of these deadlines and the process for hearing appeals may change depending on the national situation as a result of COVID-19. You will be informed on a case by case basis.
In year or immediate entry appeals / School admission appeals timetable
In the first instance contact the Admissions Office either by telephone 01737 214071,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call in person to the school reception to request an appeal pack.
Appellants must set out their grounds of appeal in writing. The appeal will then be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged. Further details about the appeal process are included in the appeal pack.
September 2022 entry
|Offer Received||Appeals to be
|Dates appeals will be held||Appeals to be heard by|
|1 March 2022||29 March 2022||
Wednesday 18 May and
|16 June 2022|
Please note, appeals will not start being heard until after the relevant closing date has passed.
Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Appellants will be sent notification of their appeal hearing at least 10 clear school days in advance of the hearing.
Appellants will be sent a copy of the school's case seven clear working days in advance of the hearing.
If an appellant wishes to submit a further short document which was not included with their initial submission, they must make sure that it is received by the school five clear working days prior to the appeal hearing date. Any additional evidence or information received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing. The Appeal Panel must decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing.
In-year applications Years 7 to 11
In-year applications for Year 7 to 11
In order to apply for an In-Year place you need to complete the St Bede's In-Year application form and the Surrey County Council SMA Form obtainable either from the school (In-Year SMA form) or Surrey County Council.
Please send both forms to St Bede’s. Before completing this form, please read the admissions policy for 2021-22 entry. Priority for places will be allocated exactly as described there.
If you need any help, advice or a hard copy of the forms, please contact our admissions team on 01737 214071 or email the admissions team.
We will process your application in line with admissions policy and aim to notify you of the outcome within 15 school days from the date the application documents have been received in full. Unsuccessful applicants have the right to appeal. For further details about in-year or immediate entry appeals see below.
Admissions frequently asked questions (FAQs) 2022-23
Year 7 - entry 2023-2024
Year 7 - entry 2023-2024
The application process begins on 1 September 2022 and ends on 31 October 2022.
The admission documents have been determined and can be viewed at the bottom of the page “Admissions 2023-24 determined”
We are planning an open evening for 7 July 2022, further details will be available on the website nearer the time.
Admissions frequently asked questions 2023-24
Determined admission arrangements 2023-24
Determined admission arrangements 2023-2024
After a consultation period from Monday 11 October 2021 until Monday 22 November 2021, St Bede’s has agreed its Admission Arrangements for September 2023. All feedback received during this consultation was considered and the impacts of these changes deliberated over. We would like to thank everyone who took the time to provide us with comments during this consultation.
The proposed changes set out in this consultation period will be implemented in the Admission Arrangements for September 2023, dividing the Anglican and Catholic block into two groups: 135 Anglican and 135 Catholic places. Free Church places will increase from 49 to 50 places and the Open block will reduce from 12 to 10 places. St Bede’s PAN will remain at 330.
A copy of our admission arrangements for 2023-24 can be found below.
- Admissions 2021-22 documents
- Admissions 2022-23 documents
- Admissions 2023-24 documents