Welcome to the St Bede's Library
We are here to provide a full library service to staff and students and to support all aspects of learning.
We are always happy to help with any queries and we love hearing your recommendations for new books.
- Open all day Monday - Friday (8.15am to 4.30pm)
- Comfortable chairs where you can sit and read
- Computers, printing and copying
- Quiet place to work or read
- Books are available to borrow and take home
- At least one member of staff always on hand
The Library Online: Oliver
- Our digital catalogue and library system is called Oliver : explore the Library from your computer.
- Search all our books and resources, or any subject, author, series
- Log in to your account to reserve or renew books, check your loans
- Information about series, authors, and where to find things
- Digital newspapers and curated, reliable factual learning resources
- E books and online reading support for dyslexia and other reading problems
- There are more online library resources on the school network, accessed through our school portal.
What's on in the library this month
- Chill Zone: Friday lunchtimes for Year 7s and 8s - games, crafts, puzzles, quizzes, films and stories…
- Carnegie Club: a book group looking at some of the best new books each year
- “Bijoux” Book Clubs: small, friendly groups who meet to talk about books
- Student librarians: we need people like you to help out..
- and author visits, book fairs, World Book Day, Bookbuzz, and social events…