Inclusion & SENDBack
Inclusion and Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) at St Bede’s aims to identify and overcome potential barriers to learning and to meet the needs of all SEND students within and beyond the school setting.
The SEND team helps students who have difficulties with cognition and learning, those with communication difficulties, social, emotional and behaviour difficulties and those with sensory and physical difficulties.
Our SEND provision takes into account the full scope of student support, first and foremost this is the delivery of high quality, whole class teaching, guided and group work and individual interventions.
SEND students are supported in a range of different ways, which are outlined in our SEND policy below and include the following:
- In-class support for Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) students provided by a dedicated team of SEND Support Assistants.
- A dedicated learning space for withdrawal groups.
- Interventions for those on the SEN register at Targeted or Specialist level.
- Support for pupils to access their examinations.
- Signposting and support to external agencies who may be able to support you child further in school or at home.
To contact the SENDCo - Miss T Douglas, please go to our Contact form page and select 'Learning Support Department' from the dropdown list.
Please view our SEND policy and additional information below: