We are planning to hold our open events in September.
More information will follow in the summer term.
In the meantime, our virtual open event videos are available to view.
We have compiled a list of admissions frequently asked questions that may help you with the admissions process. Please do read through this prior to contacting us, however, if there a query that is not answered here, please do let us know.
To view the catchment area map, please open or download the file at the bottom of this page. For information on transport, please click on the link below.
YEAR 7 - ENTRY 2021-2022
The application process ended on 31 October 2020, late applicants should follow the same process set out below:
If you are seeking a place at St Bede's, please read the Admissions policy 2021-22 as well as the following:
1) APPLY TO SURREY COUNTY COUNCIL FOR A PLACE
- To find out all the information you need go to the Surrey County Council website www.surreycc.gov.uk/admissions. This website lists all the county council secondary schools in Surrey together with an electronic copy of the secondary schools admissions booklet. This site allows you to express your choice of schools and to apply for a place online. Online is Surrey’s preferred method of application.
- If you prefer to apply on paper please call 0300 200 1015 for an application form.
2) PROVIDE ST BEDE’S WITH INFORMATION
- You must complete St Bede’s ‘Supplementary Information for Admissions form 2021' as well if you wish to apply for a place under criteria A, B, or C (iii, iv) and return it directly to us (not to Surrey or the primary school) as soon as possible. We cannot set a priority for your application without this form and it is unlikely that you would be offered a place unless we have received it. The original form must be sent to us. We will not accept emails and this form cannot be completed online.
- If you are applying for a foundation place or as a member of a non-Christian faith community, please make sure that the person you have named as your referee is expecting to receive our request. We will contact clergy/faith leaders for references.
YEAR 7 - ENTRY 2022-2023
The application process begins on 1 September 2021 and ends on 31 October 2021.
The admission documents have been determined and can be viewed at the bottom of the page: 'Admissions 2022'
If you need any help or advice, please contact our admissions team on 01737 214071 or email the admissions team (choose 'Admissions' from the drop down).
IN-YEAR APPLICATION YEAR 7 TO 11
In order to apply for an In-Year place you need to complete the St Bede's In-Year application form and the Surrey County Council SMA Form obtainable either from the school (In-Year SMA form) or Surrey County Council.
Please send both forms to St Bede’s. Before completing this form, please read the admissions policy for 2021-22 entry. Priority for places will be allocated exactly as described there.
If you need any help, advice or a hard copy of the forms, please contact our admissions team on 01737 214071 or email the admissions team (choose 'Admissions' from the drop down).
We will process your application in line with admissions policy and aim to notify you of the outcome within 15 school days from the date the application documents have been received in full. Unsuccessful applicants have the right to appeal. For further details about in-year or immediate entry appeals see below.
Please note that some of these deadlines and the process for hearing appeals may change depending on the national situation as a result of Covid-19. You will be informed on a case by case basis.
In year or immediate entry appeals / School admission appeals timetable
In the first instance contact the Admissions Office either by telephone 01737 214071,
email: email@example.com or call in person to the school reception to request an appeal pack.
Appellants must set out their grounds of appeal in writing. The appeal will then be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged. Further details about the appeal process are included in the appeal pack.
September 2021 entry
|Offer Received||Appeals to be
|Dates appeals will be held||Appeals to be heard by|
|1 March 2022||TBA||
Please note, appeals will not start being heard until after the relevant closing date has passed.
Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Appellants will be sent notification of their appeal hearing at least 10 clear school days in advance of the hearing.
Appellants will be sent a copy of the school's case seven clear working days in advance of the hearing.
If an appellant wishes to submit a further short document which was not included with their initial submission, they must make sure that it is received by the school five clear working days prior to the appeal hearing date. Any additional evidence or information received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing. The Appeal Panel must decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing.
|Catchment area map||7th Nov 2019||Download|
|Clergy ref request form 2021 determined v2 Covid 19||4th Sep 2020||Download|
|In year applcation form 2021-2022 determined v2 Covid-19||16th Jul 2021||Download|
|St Bede's Admission Policy 2021-2022 determined v2 Covid-19, IAPLAC||16th Jul 2021||Download|
|St Bedes Admission Policy 2021 2022 determined v2 Covid 19||4th Sep 2020||Download|
|Supplementary Information Form SIF 2021 determined v2 Covid 19||4th Sep 2020||Download|